Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Banana Bread

Since I had some banana's left over and my husband isn't a huge fan of them, I decided to use them up the best way I know how, Banana Bread. Mother nature has also come a knocking so I really needed to treat myself. This hit the spot, most definitely.

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
3 banana's mashed
2 cup self-rising flour (you can use all-purpose and add baking soda and baking powder)
2 eggs
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. instant coffee

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F

2. Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after one another.

3. Mash bananas in separate bowl, add milk and vanilla then add to creamed mixture. Beat until smooth

4. Stir in flour, salt, cinnamon and coffee (you can add more coffee if you want a stronger flavour of it in your cake). Stir until moistened.

5. Pour batter into your choice of pan and bake for approx. 1 hour or until you can insert a toothpick in the centre and have it come out clean.

Note: I sometimes like to add chocolate chips and walnuts as well but unfortunately had neither on hand today.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment