Friday, June 7, 2013

Thai Red Curry

My husband and I love Thai food and one of his favourite dishes is actually Red Curry, when eating out I figured it couldn't be that hard to make yourself so I decided to give it a go and I was right, it was so easy and my husband loved it. Definitely tasted like restaurant quality.

Ingredients: 

2 tbsp. red curry paste
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup bamboo shoots
1 mini red pepper
1 mini orange pepper
1 mini yellow pepper
1/4 onion
2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces

Directions:

1. Heat oil in skillet and cook chicken, add a little bit of pepper and about a cap full of lemon juice on top. When cooked, set aside.

2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauce pan (you don't need a lot, tbsp is fine). Add the red curry paste and stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes or until aromatic. Add coconut milk and chicken stock, bring to simmer on medium-high heat, let it simmer for 5 minutes.

3. While that simmers, take your red peppers and onion and stir fry in a little bit of olive oil in the same skillet you cooked the chicken.

4. Add brown sugar, fish sauce and bamboo shoots to the curry. Blend well.

5. Stir in the peppers, onion (any other veggies you want) and the chicken. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve it either over rice or with rice on the side.

Note: A lot of recipes say to add basil at the end but it didn't make much of a difference for me and I didn't have any so I forwent it.

Enjoy!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment